View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #1
Kentgent

What-a Luigi left-a in-a da fuel tank!

My 695 sprung a slow leak from the tank over winter and was seeping fuel from the fuel pump o-ring....... helpfully also dissolving the paint finish on top of the engine.....(nice job for the summer....

After a bit of research and a chat with the nice gents down at Proteam they gave me a contact (The equally friendly and helpful Craig at Motorapido) to obtain the upgraded X ring seal, which was an easy job and delivered for about £ 19 (Genuine Ducati part)

Anyhow, tank off and drained I set about taking the fuel pump out and replacing the seal.....and what do I find floating about in the fuel tank? A piece of plastic/PVC roughly the same size as the filler cap (or possibly the hole for the fuel pump) and sprayed the same colour as the bike - I'm guessing this would have been over the filler hole during spraying........and I guess it was cut out and left to fall into the tank....... not sure whether this is standard practise, but can't be good to have a piece of plastic floating around in the tank and possibly fouling the fuel pump surely?!?!
Maybe it was-a da Friday afternoon and Luigi was off-a to da pub !