View Single Post
Old 31-05-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
PaulS

The guy you need to contact is Peter Brooking (Marketing and Aftersales Manager) at pfbrooking@ducatiuk.com. I have the same problem - paint flaking (various engine parts and footrest hangers) on a well looked after bike within the warranty period. Even after contacting Peter Brooking I haven't got anywhere yet. I think the next step for me is legal action (or at least the threat of it). This is a very common problem and has happened to many members of this club. Most seem to have (in the past) had the relevant parts replaced under warranty but Ducati seem to have become reluctant to do this (certainly in my case). They are blaming the problem on salt corrosion. I don't ride my bike in conditions where the roads are likely to have been salted so I refute this - I believe it is a manufacturing fault. The wheels on my bike are painted alloy and there is no sign of flaking on them - but then they aren't made or painted by Ducati! Even if it is due to salt corrosion, salted roads are a fact of life in the UK and goods sold in the UK have to be fit for the purpose under the sale of goods act and its various ammendments; i.e. riding on UK roads in UK weather conditions. Good luck!