View Single Post
Old 26-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #70
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I think there is something quite wrong with slave now, they shouldn't turn like that.
I also think that there could very well be something wrong with the pusrod, or rather that the thrust bearing in the pressure plate is siezed or very stiff.

I wouldn't be putting it back like that if it were mine.
First call would be to Oberon to see if they have come accross this before and to see if they can throw any light on it. As the inner has turned in the body it could well have damaged a seal or scored the mating surfaces, which would presumably be an interferance fit. Swarf or grit could be the reason why you can't turn it now?

I would also be tempted to start the motor in neutral and see if I could stop the pushrod from turning, maybe gently with some pliers padded with masking tape to try and not damage the pushrod. I shouldn't really be suggesting that on a public forum as it could be potentially dangerous if you happened to catch the anti-rotation pin and the rod actually was seized in the bearing, so please procceed with caution at your own risk!

I have heard some good stories about Oberon, so a meek approach for advice might possibly get a good response.

P.S. Don't take the p!ss, I typed this entire post witout the aid of a spellchequecer