View Single Post
Old 16-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #29
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Made the brackets for the newly acquired seat cowl tonight out of alloy sheet with a 90 bend already in it. Fitted on alright but left a gap on the seat so something needs adjusting. The hole position on the side is critical so I slotted the holes and am there. but I put a spacer under screw that mounts to the seat. Almost feels the flat part should have a crank in it.
The cowl itself is good and was the correct red too but after successfully removing white stripes it left a lacquer line which as carefully as I did wet and dry it off went down into the base coat so a complete respray is on the cards.

Got brand new indicators also in post too and managed to clean the rear light bracket mudguard nicely in all the nooks and crannies. Finally got the small nuts off the number plate light by dremelling ( other brands available ) the nuts as they had rusted on. Can clean them up now.
What bolts hold on rear indicator ie caphead allen bolt with lines or a shallow one with smaller allen key size. What nut also as in mechanical locknut.
Tomaselli hand grips bought to replace the heated grips.
Need to source a DUCATI sticker for seat cowl.
Footrests are now rid of their rubber coatings and are as stock items now.
Tomorrow some gentle work straightening the brake and clutch levers as they just don't look flat. A very careful adjustment needed and making sure I don't lose the brake switch pin.

Can anyone tell me anything about the tap on the oil feed line going from cooler to crankcase. No carb heaters on this model.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote