View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
gra001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryXt View Post
Graham, you could always take my bike out if you can't find an S4Rs to test. That might not be such a bad idea actually as the factory sets the front far too high IMHO and mine has been properly adjusted by Rob at PvT.
Jerry, that`s a very kind offer and I may well take you up on it. It is very difficult to find a dealer with a demo` S4RS. Reddog had a black one for sale but were reluctant to let me ride because of adding miles to it. Strange attitude given that we were, and still are, looking to buy two bikes. Needless to say, I wont be buying from them and they are my local dealer. If the weather stays good tomorrow I have an SD test ride booked. On another point, I spoke to a dealer earlier who expects the S4RS build run to stop within, perhaps, 1-2 years. Not sure if that is a good reason to buy one or not?? Could mean a powerful 696 style bike on Its way. Could make the S4RS a bit of an icon.
I`ll let you know what I think of the SD. One guy on another forum thinks the throttle is like an on/off switch........could be a problem then!!