View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #40
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Brian, if it were me I would be cautious and steer well clear .There are a few about and unless you are in a hurry the next few months might be a good time to buy before next spring.
However i don't consider myself to be an expert so others may have a different view.
Just to re-cap on mine the gearbox can be a tad noisy when engaging first from cold and the clutch does then drag but with a warm motor I can get into neutral at rest with careful footwork.
The clutch is slipping on mine under heavy acceleration but not if ridden gently.
I got mine off this Forum 2 years ago and yes it's been a case of one thing after the other but it's a 26 year old Italian bike with quite a few former keepers and I've no idea how well it's been treated before I got it although the PO seemed to be as on the ball as I like to think I am. I've no idea of the true mileage but it could be approaching 30K. I am still of the view that it's worth all the effort and only to be expected given the above and I still get a big thrill from firing it up and riding it.
Having said that I'm still awaiting clutch plates on back order and also have to sort out a misfire and a few other issues. Happy days.Luckily I have other bikes I can use. Martin
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote