View Single Post
Old 27-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #21
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
In something like 40 plus engines I have never had an issue with plated bores that wasn't caused by me....and usually because I tried to do something like hone a cylinder (something that should never be done or needed after the final finish at the factory), very interested to to learn and understand your problem DD, not sure where you got the info re differing types of Nikasil certainly not something I'd ever heard, I have run with chrome and cast rings all OK, my observation is I usually get the best results from very tight tolerances, having said that I'm talking very minor improvements.

I used to get all my plating done in Germany, however the company I used recommended Langcourt when I complained they were to slow and have been using them now for nearly 15 years without issue, I also know Langcourt do all of williams and cosworth's plating so they know a thing or two about it.

Now not saying they haven't screwed up on your's !!

Kato is online now   Reply With Quote