View Single Post
Old 19-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #97
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I was looking at the front mudguard, and thinking that there was possibly some scope for cutting back the front of a std item but not as far, or as square, as yours is. I'd leave the back for cleanliness reasons though.
And then I noticed that your speedo cable looks in danger of flapping about and rubbing the tyre.
And then I realised that you've threaded it through the other side of the bottom yoke to how it was before, and you haven't fitted the little wire hoop thingy that holds it steady.
Not being picky, just helpful, hopefully.

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't drill holes in my frame, no matter how small, and particularly if it was only for cosmetic reasons.
You might find that you can remove some of the ties and secure the cables in some other way, either to internal frame members or even just to each other in some cases, as that can sometimes stiffen them enough to maintain their position.
But I doubt if you'll manage to dispense with them all in this way.
Though, personally I don't mind the look of the black rubber ties anyway, particularly on a bike with a strong sense of black in the colour scheme.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote