View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I wouldn't go with OE Ducati. DID X ring every time and cheaper elsewhere. Sprockets Renthal or Talon are both good.

If you can pull the chain off the sprocket at the rearmost mid point, the o-rings are cracked/missing or the adjusters are at max then time for a new one.

I seem to be able to get mega mileage from mine and I can't remember when I last had to adjust on the S4 or 748, maybe a couple of times in 7000 odd miles (so less than once a year in my case) both are DID X ring ones iirc. I clean and oil them between 500-1000 miles or If they look like they need it.

I don't use off the shelf chain lube that may or may not contain whale sperm (I kid you not the PJ1 stuff I had a such a warning) or anything as its genrally too sticky, dust and grit sticks to it and just aggravates the chain wear.

I find its better to clean when the chain is still warm if possible with paraffin and then apply a small amount Scott Oil to each link/o-ring. Its good stuff but using an automatic oiler with it just tends to end up with too much getting everywhere except where you need it.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote