View Single Post
Old 17-06-2020, 07:22 PM   #49
Ross090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
These come up for sale periodically, but there are a few different types.

The DP ones with a sweep of LEDs above the warning lights are a bit marmite. Some like them, but some have found them temperamental, and the tacho is a bit heavy so tends to shake around unless you’ve got a nose fairing holding it all in place.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ht=Rev+counter

The RoadRacing (White dials) and DP twin clocks with 900SS type mechanical tacho are popular, but you have to pull a cam out to fit a Worm drive gear Instead of a spacer for that to work.

Personally I’ve never felt the need for a rev counter on mine, but if working properly they seem to sell for upwards of £100.
Thank you...I have a couple of them with the LEDs, never run them on the bike though! I will consider selling them but they might be worth holding on to.

I had a RoadRacing one on my 1997 M900 and do like the twin clock look. I have a spare stored away which I might install one day, I also have a twin dialled DP stored away somewhere! You actually don't have to put in a worm gear for them, they run off the CDI's electronically...you just unplug a couple of the plugs, plug them into the tacho harness and plug the harness into the CDI's.