View Single Post
Old 20-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #69
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Well I want another bike and it has to be something totally different to the Monster, which will never go, and the Monkey which likewise is a keeper. I've tried the faired sporty thing and I just don't like it. 916/900ss excepted.

Never really been in to Harleys, but the 48 is lovely especially in this retro scheme:

But the Indian....

So it's a big toss up between the Scout or something like a Tiger 800 XCx or 800GS. I think the Scout would win then get a cheapy F800 GS for commuting.

So, just been to Moto Rapido and th spanner guy reckons the gudgeons are fine and that it's only oil staining so happy with that. Bought some new clips though just in case.

Now one of the reasons to take the barrels off is to stop the oil leak at the back of the vertical cylinder. Suprisingly, the Orings seemed ok and there was no evidence of oil leaks from the head/barrel. The only other possibilities are a leak in the RTV at the base of the barrel or the breather. I've tightened the breather in the past but it never cured it. I was reading last night that the old style breather has been superceded as they used to leak slightly between the ally bit and the plastic. So maybe that's it? The new ones are £57 but I shall try first with the newly assembled cylinders with their new rings and see what happens then. I might take the breather off and give it a light coating of sealant where it screws in to rule that one out while it's easy to get to.
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote