Thread: My M750 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 08:30 AM   #56
Taff666

Unforeseen niggles.

Thanks for the help guys - I've decided that these spacers are staying where they are for now. Everything seems to line up OK as best I can tell at this stage, and besides, I can't find anywhere else they should be!

I'll let you now if they make the bike go round in circles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
That earth normally goes to the footrest hanger mount on the back of the bolt and then to the top of engine nr the pressure breather.
Thanks Albie, that explains why it was such a bar steward to fix where I put it.

Next problem:-

One of the main reasons for butchering this bike was to make it a bit taller (I'm 6'3") so I bought a pair of "rear hoop extenders" from Luigi Moto. Here they are fitted

Problem was, because of the altered geometry and the relationship between the swinging arm and shock mounting, they are causing the bottom of the shock to come into contact with the swinging arm. In this pic you can see where they've left a mark on the cross piece of the swinging arm - b**ger!!

I know that these are popular amongst Monster Men, anyone else had this problem?

I've taken them off for now and I am looking for a shock with a "skinnier" bottom end.