Thread: My new 797+
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Nice write up... Nice grin... And a whole new generation of Monsters for us old guys to learn about!

It's all about contact area for posterioral comfort. I recently covered just over 1100 miles in 3 days on my Monster. I don't deny that I had a little shuffle in the saddle from time to time, to try and adjust the pressure points. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was painful, but slightly uncomfortable at times.
For the last 200 miles I did an experiment with a piece of bubble wrap tucked under my pannier straps, which did seem to make a small improvement, and at least made my wife giggle when I arrived home.

I had contemplated tucking the bubble wrap inside my trousers, but decided not to engage in this on the busy forecourt. However I did get to thinking about some form of wearable padding... Quilted pants perhaps?
Come to think of it, it would probably be more practical to wear some such, over the trousers and might become quite a fashion among motorcyclists, especially if they were styled with a large S on the front.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 25-06-2017 at 09:18 AM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote