View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:39 PM   #24
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
Well Flip, I know exactly what you're talking about, but what can you do other than try a few things following some kind of logic and hoping for a bit of luck along the way. After this MKIII rebuild so much will have changed that if I do cure my rear grip issues, I won't really definitively know what's cured the problem either. My problem is that I enjoy pratting around with the bike as much as I do ridding it! Bitza.
Yes I have had a similar experience when a few years ago I had my forks done by Maxton, had my Nitron shock fully serviced with a new (slightly heavier) spring and swapped from Pirelli's to Michelin tyres.

The suspension felt amazing but the tyres and as it turned out later, slightly knackered steering bearings (somewhat masked by the lighter steering Pirelli's) screwed up my light steering flickable Monster into feeling like I had an under inflated front tyre.

A change of bearings and another 10mm raised at the rear sorted it back to how I love it and all Italian loviness was restored.

I look forward to hearing your continued exploits come Spring time.

Last edited by Flip; 08-01-2019 at 10:45 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote