View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #62
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
One can is enough to do the outer covers.
That is alternator cover, sprocket cover, clutch side cover and belt covers. (yes okay on plastic)

Once you are ready to go you must apply all the coats within a certain time, basically this amounts to one single session for all the coats, if you don't get it coated within the timeframe then there is a long wait before you can start again...24 hours or more I think.

Don't bother counting the coats just keep blowing it on till it's covered nicely, but do start with very thin coats.

Normal running of the engine is enough to cure the paint, it's even gone very hard indeed on my belt covers which don't get anything like as hot as the metal bits.

I think the paint doesn't need the heat to cure hard so much as to impart chemical resistance, which I take to mean oil and petrol.
Possibly there are harder paint types which would be more suitable for footrest hangars?
That said I am finding the VHT to be quite robust.

I gave up using the same oven for food for anything other than that years ago....It will stink for months and gawd knows what chemical compounds it leaves behind..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote