View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #63
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I would have probably gone for the Nitron personally since their customer service seems to be really good based on Flips experiences with his, so unless he is a major shareholder in the company and getting preferential treatment. I would look at what they can do for you.
No definitely not a share holder although the amount I have recommended them I think I should get some kind of commission!!

Before getting it serviced I spoke to them about the apparent damage to the shock top (the part that has the 'Nitron' label in photos) which was not visible when fitted due to the fulcrum part of the linkage. Although it didn't make any rubbing sounds when pushing or moving the bike about it was obviously making enough contact to mark it with my weight on the bike (although the fulcrum had barely a mark on it oddly).

They hadn't heard of any previous issues and so advised me that due to the modular design of their shocks just that part could be replaced during the service for around £25 which I thought was reasonable enough.

However, as soon as they received the shock from me (I took the original spring off to save postage as I decided to buy a new slightly heavier one anyway as I'd put on a few pounds over the years) they phoned me to say that my shock was one of the first designs for the Monster and had since been updated to prevent the contact from happening and therefore the part would be replaced free of charge.

Seriously, how often do you get that kind of customer service for an item over ten years old at the time??