View Single Post
Old 30-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Glad you're enjoying your Evo, Bob.

Which exhaust have you got; the carbon race can or the polished stainless homologated version? I ask because the ECU on the race can disables the exhaust butterfly valve and the lambda sensors while the homologated ECU only switches off the exhaust valve.

I've got the homologated can, which contains catalysers and, even with the cats providing some silencing, they were too loud for me with no baffles.

As far as 'feel' goes, I couldn't tell any difference between baffles in or out.

Sometime after fitting the exhaust, I had the DP ECU remapped by Neil at Cornerspeed, which further improved the fuelling and allowed me to remove the lambda sensors.

Have a look at this dyno chart. It's not mine but it compares the standard set up; the homologated Termis/DP ECU running the Desmoworld baffles; and then the same Termi/baffle combination with the remapped ECU.

Apparently, although not shown here, the dyno curves for the Desmoworld baffles and Termi baffles are virtually identical, suggesting that they don't have any significant affect on the fuelling.

I haven't actually used my Desmoworld baffles since I carried out the above mod. I see they're currently selling for €100 including postage so, if you'd like mine for, say, £45 including postage, drop me a PM with your details and I'll get them off to you asap.

As Buzzbomb said elsewhere, they are beautifully machined and have a nice, deep, but not offensively loud, note.

Have a look here for more Evo mods:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55168
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote