View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
Slob, I've always set my float levels to 14 mm and not experienced any issues, ill whip them off tonight and set them up a bit lower.

manwitharedbike, there is no other colour then a RED Ducati now is there!!! :-)
Yes both cylinders are the same and last time i had the bake out it ran well, no problem lifting the front wheel high enough to scare me. :-) The bike has been standing for nearly 12 months so ill get a MOT on it and get some miles covered and try the compression test again. Last year was ment to be the big rebuild but sadly never happened. :-(
lol, yes, red is the fastest of course!
If the bike was running well, as it sounds, i'd not be rushing into any major work until you get round to your major rebuild. Though as Rob said, worth checking out the obvious eg valve clearances etc making sure your openers aren't too tight. Also worth checking the pressure guage. The piston rings could be stuck in their grooves having been laid up though you would prob notice it a smokey as the rings don't get to expand to seal the cylinder wall properly. if so, they might work free with a few runs, or you cold soak them overnight with some light oil.