View Single Post
Old 23-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #1019
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Over the last few days my focus has been clearing/cleaning the garage. I found stuff I thought I had lost, and lots of useful stuff I forgot I had, and lots and lots of stuff got organised so I knew where to find it again. It is still overcrowded but has 10 black bin bags less stuff in it and most of the horizontal surfaces have had a dustpan and brush and/ or a vacuum cleaner applied. My dinner however will continue to be served on crockery from the kitchen.

Today was the day for the pressure testing of the petrol tank and on advice from a mate I decided that 15psi risked damage and 5psi was enough to determine whether or not the tank was sealed. The Schrader valve was duly connected to the airline and my pressure testing scheme failed comprehensively, a) the seal over the filler neck just would not hold air and b) the petrol tap itself, not the junction to the manifold on the tank, but the interface between the body of the tap and the operating cock was not airtight. After buggering about for about an hour I decided that the only real test would be petrol and unusually I had none in a can handy.
I spent the final hour or so rubbing down the top surface of the tank, removing the small marks left by handling the tank with rubber gloves that had traces of resin on them that had subsequently left surface imperfections.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote