View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #119
Flip

Bike: M900
What a cracking day out!!!

Left home at 07:45 and took the pretty route to Newbury on the B2141/6 onto the B3006 then A339. Met up with Steve G at the services (sorry we didn't catch you Valiant) then thinking that the main group must have gone through we headed down the A34/303 to the Willoughby Hedge waypoint where Maggsy and uksurfer were waiting.

The main group weren't far behind and so a Little Thief refresh later and back on the road- and what a road!!

Fantastic ride down to Exeter via Yeovil at a nice pace which suited the oldest bike in the group perfectly.

The Exeter services was my cue to head back home and with uksurfer leading the way back on the A35 until his split off to Salisbury and I carried on to the A31 through the New Forest where dodging the showers I scooted round Southampton and Portsmouth before reaching home at 19:30 with a pretty impressive 434miles showing on the trip meter.

Great to see some old faces again and meet some new ones. Thanks to Mr G for the organising, Utopia for the T-shirt and everyone else for making it a Monster day out!!

Before the main group arrived at Willoughby Hedge:

I didn't quite make it to Cornwall but I did pick up a little souvenir for when I got home:

Last edited by Flip; 11-06-2017 at 03:06 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote