View Single Post
Old 25-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
Now I'm thinking that Neil Morrissey also had a black & gold (big tank) Commando when he played Rocky in the ill fated "Boon" series. In fact I have a vague memory of a MCN story that said it was actually his own bike. (I might just have imagined the last bit).

Anyway good to see a pic of this mythical bike, should have it finished in time for spring?
I used to enjoy "Hi ho Silver" as I called it, but what was ill fated about it?
I often wondered if Neil rode off screen as he was so natural in his many "biker" roles. Always seemed to wear the same leathers?
No idea if it was his bike, but wouldn't mind betting that Norton helped him out a bit if it was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Did they shun you for replacing Lockheed calipers for Brembo?
;-)
Turning up to NOC meets on a Monster probably didn't help, but it didn't stop them making me chairman of the branch.. That didn't last long though!

Ironically Lockheed is a hop up for a Commando. The original Norton/AP/Lockheed clod is a thing to behold, I'll show a picture later!
The Brembo comes from a Hyper or Multi. I ordered it from a breaker in Kent, with the caveat that it had to come from his warehouse! I proceeded to track it down the Baltic chain, across Poland, Germany and Holland. So for all I know the original owner has probably been paid out by the insurance by now??