View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 01:34 PM   #14
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I don't think I've seen that one on it's own, only in your Sea of bikes..

It looks quite acceptable to me. My old Bosch lamp looks comfortable in there, as if it grew there, a very neat conversion.

I can see several components common to Monsters, there's probably some I can't see too.
Yea, V Raptor was in my mind and I see what you mean. It is very Mk1/Mk2 Monsterish but still a little bit Japanesey looking in places imo but I think that was Cagiva overall mission and to a degree Aprillia too (Italian but with Japan influence) that TL motor performance though is a winner for me. I still think the original Monster trumps it on looks and the S4R on both looks and performance.

Still, thanks for posting Nick and it's obviously a very interesting and rare bike and one for the cognoscenti but ultimately that may be its downfall since it didn't have the popularity of either the Monster or TL so it's probably a bit limited what upgrade bits you could get if you wanted to customise it a bit? Not to mention spares.

I still regret not getting the Bimota for the exclusivity but at the end of the day that would probably put me in the same niche bike ownership situation and would not have lead me to this forum. So I think in the end I did the sensible thing for a change and I'm so glad to be part of the UKMOC lot, even if I am in the S4/S4R water boilers minority group!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote