View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #11
Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clockie View Post
And did the MV Brutale hit The Spot? Gorgeous bikes to look at but far too revvy for my tastes and probably not suited to UK roads. I'll make do with the MV chassis on my two Cagiva Raptors...

Nick

PS Welcome back to Ducati-land!
I didn't really get on with the Brutale, like you say it needs revving. Handled really well though, even on the bumpy roads up here. Some irritating stuff - 6 button presses of differing lengths on two different buttons to reset the trip used to really annoy me. Thirsty too, 120 miles to a 23 litre tank, I worked it out once at 30mpg. Looks are subjective aren't they, looks gorgeous from behind but awful from the front, really wide and heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgt View Post
Quite a mix, I've probably had a couple more over the same time but all naked, still have my 2000 speed triple 955i though, I prefer it to the 1050.
I thought the 1050 was much better, a little bit more power, better suspension, a lighter clutch and a much more comfortable seat made all day rides a pleasure rather than a pain. I think it loos better too, I'd have another one, but only a round headlamp model.