Thread: My S2R 800
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 08:34 AM   #24
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
bag up some quick set or ordinary portland cement which will do the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Silica gel is an absorbent and becomes saturated after a while and will require regeneration for dehydration to continue
The cement will go hard and only work once. Make sure it hasn't taken a shape inside the tank, that will not come out of the filler neck!

Silica Gel is re-useable many times, by simply drying it out. Laying the bags on a radiator or in the Sun will do the trick. I don't recommend doing this in your food oven, as some have done!

I used to buy it from the Chemist years ago, but not sure if you can still do that. Not sure if it is a poison as such, but it would do you a whole lot of no good if you swallowed some!
I bet you could have some heading your way with just a few clicks on the internet these days.
I still save the little packets that sometimes come in packaging of moisture sensitive things. It's labelled "desiccant".
It's also used inside the hollow ally spacer bar round the edge of double glazed units. If there is a sealed unit maker near you, they might bung you a bag?