View Single Post
Old 25-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #11
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I have been using an Autopal crystal unit for a couple of years now, they are sold as land rover defender upgrades. It works well with Osram Nightbreaker or Phillips X-treme vision bulbs. The bulbs seem to have been improved upon since I last bought some, so should be even better now.
I am now using an H4 LED bulb with great success, but unfortunately I can't find that particular one for sale anymore... There are plenty to choose from though.

The Cibie H180 has good reviews, but sadly I can't give one myself as they were out of stock when I tried to buy one... Dacs has one but I don't know if he's tried it out in the dark yet.

Jerry tried a Wipac polycarbonate unit with apparent success, I can't recall the model number at the moment!

If you search under upgrades for Defenders or the old Mini you will come up with quite a few alternatives including the ones mentioned.

If you really want to see where you're going, but aren't too worried about a traditional look, there is a plethora of powerful LED units out there, many of which have been tried by members on here using my conversion rings. They all seem to be very good, but the price varies considerably... Expect some recommendations from users..

Finally, a big thank you to all those above saying flattering things about my adaptors.. Especially the big softie..