View Single Post
Old 18-04-2019, 06:51 AM   #15
Goofle

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Well, as I said earlier I can only speak as one who intends to fit FCRs soon(ish) but have no personal experience yet.
However, I have heard the odd tale or two of monsters fitted with FCRs flooding their crankcases with fuel when left standing.
I have no details of the particular installations concerned regarding fuel taps or anything else.
But I do have the issue flagged up for investigation when I fit mine.

I guess it could be down to something like ... the carbs are so high on a monster that there is very little pressure head acting on the floatbowls and hence the float valves may be more prone to leaking ....?
Though why FCRs should be more susceptible than the std carbs I can't imagine.

In the light of the above, which is a fairly well reported issue, I suspect that the manual fuel tap might be there to guard against the possibility.

Sorry if that's all a bit wishy-washy but my intention is merely to suggest that its an issue that I think needs considering.

When you say the std carbs didn't need a tap, do you mean they had a non-manual, vacuum tap, rather than a manual one ?
As does my yr2000 M750.
That's great, thanks. That's more than enough reason for me to install said tap!
And yes, I believe the standard carbs will be fed through a vacuum tap, which will it appears be bypassed with the FCRs.
Thanks again!
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote