View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 12:57 PM   #17
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clockie View Post
It relies on attaching a webbing strap around the swingarm and tightening it down to the Abba extension, thus lifting the front. First, it depends on the shape of the swingarm and bits that get in the way, such as calipers etc, and then I found the effort to pull the back downwards was massive. If you can get someone to sit on the pillion seat it would help a lot, or use a ratchet tie-down, so long as it didn't slide along the swingarm. Since I already had a front lift that goes into the steering head tube, that's by far the best way to get the front up, in conjunction with the Abba at the centre. The nose-pieces for the front lift are the only tricky bit and if you want to lift a tall bike, some improvising may be necessary.

Good luck if you try your Abba add-on!

Nick
Thanks Nick, I can see how it might be tricky with a single sided arm. It might be ok with the standard twin sided one. I will have to try it out but as you say I might have to look for a cheap front stand. I think the Monster has a hollow steering stem and that would be the best option, but IIRC my 748 does not so if I wanted to remove the forks or yokes on that I'd be a bit stuck there. Come to think of it I don't even have the Abba stand bobbins for the 748 anyway!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote