View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 02:03 AM   #50
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I treated the clutch casing which has now been lightened (with a drill and a file) to 20 minutes in the sand blaster. The black stains inside where the drum fits did not come out with the first pass with the blaster. This case and the alternator case will be treated to 2 cycles in the dishwasher when SWMBO is next out of the house. I intend to paint the whole engine and the sand blasted finish should give a good key for the first coat of etch primer. The painting will have to wait until the weather is warmer and there is less moisture in the atmosphere. Also with all the sanding and rubbing down of moulds the garage has a 0.010" film of filler over every single surface so this will have to be vacuumed up before I go near the paint gun.

images upload

I used kiln dried bedding sand instead of the sand blasting medium sold by Machine Mart as at £4.75 for 25kg it is 20% of the price of the proper stuff. I tried masking tape on the bearings but the sand gets everywhere and the bearing (which I would have replaced anyway) is now completely clogged.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote