View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #10
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Just to clarify.
The adapters replace the standard Bosch light unit. So remove the light unit and you should have a hole in the rim of 186mm within half a mil or so.

Drop the adapter into the inside of the rim, followed by your chosen 7" lamp unit.
The clips then require to be tucked under the rolled edge of the rim, inside.
Look closely at the pictures to confirm the orientation of the clips and note that they don't actually touch the adapter, but press onto the light unit to hold the whole lot firmly in place.

Ben, If you have a metal Bosch rim of the size stated above then you will have no problem. However I am not sure if you are implying that your rim is Carbon, as well as the shell.
If your rim is carbon, then the first requirement is the aperture size, after that it needs some form of groove in the back, replicating the rolled edge of the steel rim, to hold the legs of the clips.
I think that if you already have a Bosch light held in by wire clips, then the adapter and new clips should all work fine.... Sorry I haven't seen the inside of a Carbon rim so I am in the dark to some extent.

Just a suggestion here, but why don't you try Hydro-dipping your adapter and also your (metal?) rim, to match your shell?
Capo has shown me some carbon effect hydro-dipped parts on his bike, and I can't tell the difference between them, and the abundant real carbon.

Hope that helps?

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 17-01-2018 at 05:32 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote