View Single Post
Old 29-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #54
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I quote from Post #14 of The Clockie's thread which Luddite linked to above... This is worth checking if you have not already done so.

"Bemused, I tried it one more time with the clutch fully assembled and realised that the Oberon wasn't seating on the case because the body was fouling the chain. And the reason for that was that whoever assembled it left the screw-in plug on the inner face in the wrong position so the cutaway that should give clearance for the chain didn't do so."

As far as I know here is not a spring in the slave, and it would be unusual on any hydraulic slave? (Beside which it would be trying to push the piston away from the rod to do any good, while hydraulic pressure is what pushes it towards the rod.)
The resistance that you felt when screwing the slave down could have been fluid being pushed back up the hose, if you had already connected it, or air in the hose being compressed? Thinking about it, it would be unlikely that you connected the line to the slave before screwing it down, but if the bung was still in the banjo hole then possibly it might seal well enough to create some resistance?.
My slave always slides over the rod right up to the mating face with no resistance.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 29-02-2020 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: More thinking..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote