View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 08:22 PM   #14
The Clockie

OK, the mystery about the incompatibility of the Oberon slave with my S4R is solved, thankfully before I started hacking the original push-rod down.

The makers suggested I measure the depth and throw of the cylinder, and I compared it with the original Ducati one that does fit and the dimensions were virtually identical. Bemused, I tried it one more time with the clutch fully assembled and realised that the Oberon wasn't seating on the case because the body was fouling the chain. And the reason for that was that whoever assembled it left the screw-in plug on the inner face in the wrong position so the cutaway that should give clearance for the chain didn't do so. What a relief: if I'd gone ahead with shortening the push-rod, it wouldn't have made any difference at all!

When Oberon saw the photo of old and new slaves, they immediately put a new replacement in the post. Steve Street, the director, is a very responsive chap and I commend him and his products, but someone should get a kick up the bum...

Nick