View Single Post
Old 15-06-2016, 11:48 PM   #25
blackthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
So sorry to hear of your woes with this bike and its previous owner, who we found was one to fabricate the truth somewhat. I did wonder if he'd been so deep into the engine as to lighten everything, so probably a good thing that he did not. I'm pretty sure I think I have a useable clutch hub with all the posts intact that you could have if it would help you out of a spot as both of my Ducs now have aftermarket slipper jobbies. Give me a shout if you need one and I'll dig one out.

Yes I can fully see that myself now, time will tell if it does have lighter pistons/rods and internal gears... I still think he has been in there but again not to sure if i believe he has! Thanks for that buddy I will give you a shout hoping to get a billet one but this could get me by if i get the engine sorted out quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I think he did go that deep into the engine, probably in an attempt to lighten stuff, but like most things he didn't finish the job properly and then cacked up putting it all back together again.

hahah sounds about right mate will find out when I get this engine apart. Kind of hope it does have lightened stuff in there so I haven't been totally cheated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Have a look at the big spring hooked into the pawl on the selector shaft, these are a common failure on high mileage bikes and will cause the stuck in gear symptom you describe. only about a fiver if you're not paying somone else for several hours strip & rebuild. You might get lucky.

I like your idiot light solution, very neat.
Excuse my lack of knowledge on this, but what is the pawl? Is that the spring on the back of the engine that is pushing the ball bearing into the fork drum? If so then that is fine. The bike is on 14k I've decided to do the engine work myself, if i can do car engines i'm sure i can manage this hopefully... hah!

Thanks buddy was fair chuffed with myself on that one to

Cheers,

Roo