View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
Barbara

Unhappy Belts near disaster

My 696 went in for an MOT and service including belt change yesterday. First day I've been out this year. I took it to a very reliable and trusted dealership. Lucky for me I asked for the belts to be changed even if the weren't quite due yet because the belts had worn and had some tears in them and were an accident waiting to happen. The previous belt change had been done by a small garage last March, before I bought the bike, and they had left the pulley(s) in such a way that the belts were scrapping against god knows what!! The mechanic who serviced my bike yesterday had to get the hoover out to remove all the crap left inside. I don't know what I can do about this as the bike wasn't mine when it had the previous belt change and I have only put 500 miles on it which in retrospect was a good thing. I am very lucky to have gone with my gut feeling to get the belts done. I know a lot of you do your own belt changes but I am posting this because there are obviously some Ducati inadequate mechanics out there and we need to be wary.