View Single Post
Old 23-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #8
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
I love this bike. When I first got my 696 and saw Ricks thread I was smitten. All the mods and upgrades looked and seemed perfect. It started me on my journey modding my 696. loads of Rizoma bits n pieces ASV levers just like this. Pearl White panel like his used to have. Even passenger grab rails. It was never quite the same though being a 696 and not the single swinger stylee. After meeting the guys up North for the first time at one of the monthly gathering a couple of years back I was invited and ended back at Geoff [Buzzbombs] where I we were talking about this bike. Geoff then showed me his 1100s - unfortunately that blew my mind even more. A year later Geoff came with me to pick up my 1100s which then led to a year of fiddling an upgrading. The starting point being Ricks with some of the added extra inspiration of Geoff's [and his help spending my money and installing the bits]. Late last year a set of Corse panels came up for sale - they were Ricks I had to have them and snapped them up immediately. It felt like the circle was complete having something actually from that bike on mine. To be honest mine doesn't look really like either bikes but was inspired by both. A nod to them is the fact that mine won bike of the year at the recent UKMOC weekender...

I've never seen the bike in person but it looks on the photos as good as it ever did. If I had the dough and not my 1100 I'd snap it up immediately

Last edited by Pezz; 23-05-2019 at 10:56 PM..
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote