Thread: Ducati let-down
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
griffs

Yep hitting a brick wall is a term I am familiar with.

My argument is.. Other manufacturers issue CoC's. Ducati do too and I am prepared to pay. But this is a European manufactured machine with enhanced emission, so it must conform to EU standards. I just want Ducati to get off the fence and give me a decent reason why not or provide a CoC. I am prepared to pay for this and I don't expect it for free.

It is possible to get a type test done within a few weeks, but at a cost of 650 Euro. As I said though, requirements are that the bike must have certain equipment with EC approval. And that is already fitted as standard. I just want Ducati to recognise that my standard equipment meets NL requirements for a type test.

I know you are not being a smart arse. If I found a frame, I would also need to get the registration document to go with it, which is not so straight forward. Then I would need to take the bike to the local test centre to get it registered in my name. It is worth exploring tho.

If Ducati would just look at the type requirements and then the equipment fitted as standard, they would see that the bike exceeds type requirements. Or if it doesn't, just explain why.