View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
I bought my bike from CMW. CMW weren't interested in having me test ride their M796 (or was it a M696) demo bike because I was interested in the M1100 and they wouldn't let me ride the M1100 even though I wanted to buy it because it had never been on the road.

I got a test ride on a M796 at Pro Twins and on an M1100S at Moto Rapido, just by phoning up and asking. Pro Twins let me ride a bike that only had 60 miles on the clock and Moto Rapido managed to find an 1100 from somewhere (it wasn't theirs) just to let me have a ride. So it comes down to customer service. I'll buy a bike from whoever gives me the cheapest price. CMW had the bike I wanted and I got them to match a price from Ducati Aylesbury.

I'll get my servicing and advice from somewhere I get good customer service. I've known Pete at ProTwins for over 10 years and he's married to my friend's cousin, which is why I had my first service and suspension setup done there. I recommended Moto Rapido to you because it's not far from you and they went out of their way to sort out a test ride for me and were nothing but extremely helpful. I have also never heard anyone say anything negative about them.

CMW managed to drop my Kawasaki when they had it in for an MOT. As a result of that I had to ride the bike across France with a scratched fairing and screen and one very non matching mirror. Although they repaired the damage well when I got back from holiday they struggled to find a replacement screen. I had to point them to the UK importer of MRA screens because they seemed incapable of finding out where to get an MRA screen from. They could have just phoned Alf's in Worthing (Kawasaki dealer) where I bought the screen from. It was a genuine Kawasaki aftermarket part.

Mel who looks after the clothing at CMW is a good friend of my flat mate and has always given me great service (even before I knew my flat mate) so I would still go to her to buy clothing and accessories I just would never have my bike serviced or repaired by CMW.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote