View Single Post
Old 13-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #25
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Probably best you don't buy a forty eight year old Ducati single and take it racing then !!

I really like the look of stripped down SS's too but I can't put my finger on why but for me the orange bike seems cluttered somehow.

Is it just me or does everyone seems to be on the Café Racer thing at the moment with almost any old nail getting the treatment? And don't get me started on the bikes that are being advertised as 'classics' just now- a lot weren't good when they were new and just because they are a few years old doesn't make them good, let alone classic now!
Yes they are. And I think I know why as have 5 old bikes and not enough tbh. They have soul and character and lots of substance. Don't get me wrong I love my new monster to bits but the technical breakthrough bikes are becoming too technical and soulless and replaceable in 5 years. There are some right old nails given too much credit but they will only be worth what someone will pay. Who will buy my restored XT500 for £4000 then. Probs no-one but I never built it to make money but to preserve it a little longer. My café racer project srx400 will suffer massive weight loss and simplistic looks and this one will be a budget bike that I hope to show at the Bike Shed next year if I can. Its my dream to do these things. I also want to make Classic Bike like my friends do just once.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote