View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Wow, thanks.
Thats a top-hole, numero uno, first class response....
......and exactly what I hoped I'd hear.

I hadn't really thought the pressure thing through very much, cos I also thought it would be possible to swap to a carby-type pump from the SS. Your system sounds like it should deliver the goods though. The only thing I can think might happen would be that the pump would constantly run too fast due to having no pressure to work against, and overheat. But the carby pumps do look the same, don't they ?

Do you know exactly what year your tank was made ? ....The tanks I've seen have the date stamped on the rear hinge bracket, or maybe there's a sticker, or part number on it...?
Also, is it possible to see the pump clips through the filler hole.
....I've been searching ebay, but identification is sometimes difficult.

The reason I've ended up wanting to get rid of the external vacuum pump is partly for the sake of tidiness (both practical and aesthetic), but it came about after I bought some carbon airscoops. I'd got them for a mixture of reasons...part pure aesthetic, part to try to keep the rain off the electrics around there, and part because of a possible improvement to rear cylinder cooling. BUT when I look down the right hand scoop there's a thing like a can of tuna right in the firing line. Since I'm looking for a spare tank anyway, ........

Thanks for the parts catalogue link. I think the info I need may come in around 2001, and/or it may be slightly earlier,....I haven't checked yet.

Incidentally, I was still thinking of using the vacuum fuel tap thats fitted to my model.

Thanks again.
Its my round.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote