View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Yep, agreed about the wheel alignment.

In the unlikely event that you do detect any misalignment, I could always make you the odd shim/bush/etc to correct it ... probably.

Another semi random thought ...
My original rear pads had stainless backing plates which cover about 60 to 70% of the piston contact area .. on the "downstream" side if I remember correctly.
This presumably causes the trailing edge of the pad to be "favoured" over the leading edge, and I assumed its purpose was to eliminate any sharpness in action which might be caused by the leading edge of the pads digging in .... if you catch my drift.
My replacement EBC pads came without these backing plates, but I swapped them over.
Do you have those plates ?
I'm guessing that you do, but worth checking in the absence of owt else.

Also, don't totally rule out the possibility of a "rogue" badly machined component.
I recently had a chain adjuster block which had the wheel spindle hole machined way out of square to the side faces .. I had to bore and bush it square before the wheel spindle would go through.

Is the pedal returning nicely ?
If not, that might cause the path to the reservoir to remain closed .....?
The std operating rod (via clevis to master cyl) is zinc plated and mine corroded and caused an issue .. though my master is in a totally different orientation on my rearsets, and that didn't help.
I fitted a titanium rod and clevis.

....posted before reading your last.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote