View Single Post
Old 30-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #38
Duncan

Right an update.

The car side is arranged by a guy from the Alfa Romeo Owners called Paul Hanmore and if you are bringing a Italian Car then you need to get a pass asap.

Bikes are being arranged by me and the local members of the UKMOC, DSC and DOCGB all under the banner of Ducati Desmo Owners Clubs. Rich 'Tortuga' will be leadfing the ride in from Gordano services, be there by 9am.

Once again Riders Bristol have committed to a loan of their mobile display trailer and thats going to be in the same place as before. We will have additional space this year to accomodate the expected numbers.
The Guzzi Club and the DSC will be bringing stands along. I will have enough to do but if anyone wants to run a UKMOC stand then step forward.

Upon arrival we will try to keep various marques of machine together but with 150 bikes on the ride in all arriving in 5 minutes, no pre entries and no idea whats coming on the day, its impossible to allocate anything more than a general area for people.
The whole atmosphere is a laid back one and doing it this way means we can keep the show free of charge for everyone with the minimum of admin. All of the risk assesment for the council etc is done by us but whilst we try to keep the bikes secure, it is a very busy public street so park sensibly, maintain walkways, fire engine access etc as instructed by the marshalls.

I have been promised some race bikes including several Verlicchi framed TT2's and am trying to put a roped off paddock area together. Anyone who wants to bring race bikes, let me know early and arrive by 9am. There is parking for trailers at the end of the street but you will need a pass so contact me by PM on here.