View Single Post
Old 18-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #19
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I received the stand and brackets from Luxexterior during the week. The stand is brand new, never used, as evidenced by the pristine feet and paint.
The brackets do look different from the previous ST2 ones that I had.
I had a dry fit today to see what's what and the brackets fit nicely without touching the exhaust. So maybe they are from a Monster kit like Norvin's?

With the lower mudguard extension removed, the stand goes on and will pivot though all but the last few mm from the stops.
It does just contact the brake rod. I found that things are helped a little by swapping the front rose joint from the outside to the inside, but I'm still going to need to bend that leg out... Plenty of clearance from the low level silencer on that side.
On the nearside it's the foot pad of the assistor lever that fouls the silencer sleeve. It's just a bit too narrow. Rather than bend it outwards, I think I will try and rotate it forwards to tuck in front of the silencer body and then there will be no chance of any scraping as it will fit inside the current silhouette.

My bike looks awfully bare with the 'guard extender off, and it does a very good job of keeping lube off the tyre by the looks, catches a lot of mud too.
I think I will try and get another one to cut down above the stand. It might keep the stand a bit cleaner too.

Thanks to Norvin for the inspiration and Luxeterior for the smashing stand and brackets...