View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #20
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello and welcome Brian.

That doesn't look like it will present too many headaches to tidy up and make a very nice bike.

If you're going for concours (and we have a trophy for that now if you bring your winner to the Weekender rally.) I notice that you have at least one very coveted and rare part. I can see that the silencer on the right side has no chamfer on the lower leading edge, as was added to all the later bikes for ground clearance. If the left one is the same you have a winning full house!
You also have the early hugger which is not so common either.

Unfortunately the rear "tea tray" (below the tail light) seems to have been chopped off, hopefully the frame is intact beneath it though. The number plate holder/mudguard is missing too, but neither the tea tray or holder are too hard to find in good nick.

Somebody seems to have put some extra holes in the footrest hanger, but they could be just stickers? Footrest hangars are generic to all the Monsters into the noughties, so they shouldn't be too hard to find if needs be either. They ALWAYS need re-painting in any case!

I'm not sure if they were sent out with the badge sloping downwards on the tank, I thought the logo was always horizontal, but wouldn't swear to it. It could indicate a non-original paint job, which again is not insurmountable and not a problem at all if you're not bothered about originality. Also I think it might be too early for Black? I thought they were all red initially until the Yellow ones appeared, but don't quote me.
Early tanks also had a visible seam running round the filler cap area. I don't have a picture but I'm sure Albie could oblige?

Great bike though, I hope you get many pleasurable miles from it.

I use https://imgbb.com/ for pictures btw, I find it simpler that postimage. You just paste the "BBCode fully linked" to make your picture appear on your post.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 06-07-2020 at 12:39 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote