View Single Post
Old 29-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
Nasher

Bike: M900
A good ride ruined

Had a great ride round on the M900 yesterday, took in Southsea seafront, which was packed as usual for a sunny day, so headed back North past home again and had a run round the back lanes to West Meon, East Meon and up to Butser Hill, which is only a mile or so from my house.

I stopped to drink my can of Pepsi on the side of the single track road from Butser Hill car park, which is also the South Downs Way, took the opportunity to get more shots of the bike following some recent work, and then it happened.

A bloody walker on his way past said "Nice café racer mate"

I wanted to point out that despite being unshaven for the long weekend I do not have a beard, wear a pocket watch, or pass out Business cards with the word Artisan printed on them with wild fungus ink in an illegible font.

I wanted to explain in great detail about how my Father had a Café Racer, and how his memory is insulted by the trend for any old pile of Sh1t to be tarted up by so called London bike builders with a leather seat and clip-ons.

But I didn't, because I was chilled, and had enjoyed my ride.

I might however have to think about taking the clip-ons off and putting the std bars back on.

Nasher

Last edited by Nasher; 29-05-2018 at 03:27 PM..
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote