Thread: Bikesure.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2024, 12:31 PM   #11
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I know exactly your pain, I was stupid enough to insure my daughter as a named driver on a Honda Jazz (first car for her) and she had 2 accidents in 2 years my NCB went on both the other family cars (insured elsewhere). Similarly on my ZX9R I switched from Swinton to Bennetts carrying over 9 years NCD, three years later I switched from Bennetts to Bikesure and Bennetts would only provide proof of NCD for the three years I was with them. Oh and Bikesure then would not allow me my motorcycle NCD because of the car accidents and demanded an almost doubling of the premium
There is definitely an arrangement for disclosing NCD information between companies and for exploiting the situation.
My son recently received a demand for a further £200 (taken automatically from my card) because there had been an accident registered to an insured person at the home address despite the fact that I had taken my name off the list of named drivers so that he was the sole driver with 2 years NCD. We had to threaten them with the insurance ombudsman in order to get them to refund the money
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote