View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 05:38 AM   #1
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Time for a change?

Hello all,

The time has come when we need to hold an election for club officials.

I've been in the driving seat since 2010 and since stepping down and putting me in the frame, Pedro has been taking care of the web stuff. I have always worked to keep the club free and while I'm aware the forum is way overdue for an update, I've always resisted moving towards other social media as I think it would spell the end of the forum and ultimately the club. I've also kept us affiliated with the DOC, since I think the relationship has been beneficial to both the club and Ducati.

I'd like to thank everyone who's pitched in to help organise local groups and meetings, events, t-shirts etc. as well as with the running of the club in general over the last seven years.
Perhaps it's time for someone with fresh views and ideas to step up and steer things for a bit.

Serial Monster owner J.P, who has been VP for a number of years, has gone to the dark side and bought a Triumph, I'm sure the L-Twin will lure him back eventually but in the meantime...

The DOC mandates we need to have President, Vice President and Secretary (no Treasurer required because we've always been a free club).The factory only cares about votes from DOC registered members but as my primary role is keeping the club/forum running I want to open this up to those members who, for whatever reason don't want to affiliate with the factory, since the club is much more than just a satellite of Bologna.

It's not all that easy to come up with a formal democratic process for a membership as informal as ours and following a poor attempt at an election a few years ago, Pedro and I have decided we should step down and allow a process to be accepted, followed by some sort of nominations and selection of club 'officers'.
I'm hoping that something resembling common sense will prevail and we can reach a consensus on how to move forward.

We have secured funding to cover web hosting for the coming year and Pedro and I will continue to run things until the dust settles and the new incumbents take over.

ps. We are still taking bookings for this year's Weekender, May 4th-7th near Bedford Details here. The more the merrier!

also Finally, Ducati Northern Europe have arranged, at typically short notice, a 25th Anniversary parade to try and break the Guinness record for most bikes of a single model in a parade. If you fancy a madcap dash to the the South of France in a couple of weeks, take a look here.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote