View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #22
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clockie View Post
Have you thought of using water-clear Stormsure polyurethane adhesive on your chipped lens? Tis very tough and better than clear silicone sealer. Alternatively, a UV-cured windscreen crack sealer such as sold by Loctite et al?
I pulled the headlight apart to clean the inside of the lens - the chip of glass is missing from in there (about the size of a pinky fingernail), do you think the windscreen repair trick would work for that? Or do you usually need the 'chip' as well?

Edit: It would be really nice if just the lens was available as a spare, but that doesn't appear to be the case - I also quite like the look of the big headlight, especially now that it's on the bike (sooooo much better than the silly streetfighter ones!). But a 7" replacement will be the next best thing, with the added bonus of a better beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clockie View Post
A craft knife is your friend... Either that or a belt-sander and VERY careful handling!
While I was waiting for the ducati part to turn up, I whittled down one of the existing parking lights and jammed it in the hole - seems to work fine, I might just leave it that way. Although I wasn't able to get the whole headlight going as the H4 plug has the wires coming straight out the back, which doesn't leave enough room in the Carbonvani bucket, so I need to replace that with the type that has angled spade terminals and wires coming out the sides.

Last edited by FrankenDesmo; 22-03-2020 at 07:43 PM..
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote