View Single Post
Old 22-05-2015, 10:09 PM   #73
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
re. the bits of crud in the cases....
Whether or not the system can deal with a few bits and pieces in the sump, if you know there were any left in there it will dig at your nerves for a while.
Maybe its best to make every possible effort to extract as much as you possibly can while you have the chance.
To which end I was thinking that if you taped a longish piece of thin, flexible tubing into the hoover nozzle you might be able to use that to get at the more inaccessible areas.

Good idea. Apart from thin oil, does anyone know of anything that is safe to flush through as well just in case?

Is the oil filter pickup right at the bottom? Does the oil and debris go through a pump before the filter or after? Last time the engine was apart, the so called Ducati expert managed to drop a long piece of support bracket wire that holds th efuel or breather pipes to the carbs. And the engine was fine for 1000 miles until I found it dropping out of the sump when I changed the oil.....

Can I get the heads/barrels blasted on the outside only? I'm intent on leaving the piston in the barrels, but am very tempted with soda blasting but admit I know nothing about it. I assume I can mask off the innner parts, but if so, how? Tape??
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote