View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #19
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitza View Post
my plan is to ease the holes in the arm out to 11mm, and the same with the bottom of the shock, and then make up an oversized pin. Any comments gratefully received, Bitza.
It should be possible to enlarge the oval hole to an oversize (11mm or whatever) with a long series drill bit (expensive, but at least available). If you could find a very large press drill and hold the arm on it properly, the long bit should reach the pin hole through the access hole in the side of the arm.
Utopia was telling me only this weekend, that it is sometimes better to just turn the chuck by hand to enlarge holes in ally.
No need for an oversized pin. Just make bushes to go in the arm on a standard bolt.
..Thinking out loud, it might be possible to shrink in interference fit bushes, using aerosols from a pipe freezing kit?? Perhaps warm the arm a bit too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM900 View Post
Hi Gary, yes it is his old company, he semi retired a while back, I see him sometimes at trials events. He still goes in and works there at times, does a bit of pipe bending.
Nick is a very talented chap. He did a couple of pipe bending commissions for me in the 80's... Absolutely fabulous work! Possibly only approached by Clive Scarfe, serial BSA and Triumph triple owner. He now supplies exclusive exhausts for Norman Hyde.