View Single Post
Old 25-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #516
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Having a week off on my own its about time I got some stuff sorted out. No guitars being done now for a while at least but still 2 being finished.
So this morning I started sorting the cluttered dusty garage sorting out tools and crap to find the item I got from USA around a year ago. The said item was pointed out to me to be wrong on my bike for what I am describing my bike as what an original M900 should look like.
To most including myself had never noticed the first bikes had a rear number plate light differing from the norm. It had 2 screws to remove cover to change the bulb. The Mk2 has a rubber push in bulb holder that so often fall apart as get covered in road debris. They are certainly a cleaner look the Mk 2 but if I don't show how it was meant to look like it defeats the object.
I nearly got one after someone who has his in the Ducati museum offered me one for sale but that seemed to not happen. I kept a vigil on ebay and finally sourced one from the USA at shall I say reasonable cost.
Anyhow today it was fitted along with some fresh front mudguard bolt nylon washers which I lost at the weekender 18 months ago when 2 bolts vibrated loose.
My next task is to get my xt500 off the lift again this week and Monster is going back on to drop the engine. Somehow I need to get these pistons out and swapped by next spring. Its now almost 4 1/2 years in ownership and started to bug me I got so far and actually failed. I guess at least I got the Magazine shoot which meant so much but meaningless when it doesn't turn a wheel and has not moved since May 2017 since returning home in limp mode as such.
Onwards and upwards

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote