View Single Post
Old 23-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
mintyhit

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I picked up the bike last night after spending most of the week climbing the walls with excitement. I went for a long ride around central London admiring the sights and riding into work this morning was utter bliss after the 10 weeks or so I’ve spent in the Victoria line rat race.

I’m really pleased I found a red one… I fancied a change from white with a red stripe so I went for red with a white strip… haha, imaginative… I don’t think I will be repainting it anytime soon - I hear the red ones are faster anyway!

I’ll definitely be getting some link pipes. I’ve always thought the standard cat is a bit of an eye-sore and if it will beef up the sound a bit then I am sold as I quite miss the growl of my old bike, this one sound more like an angry-toy where my old bike just sounded bad-ass… I am wondering if its quietness is also to do with this:

Are these pipes different to the race pipes I had on my old bike… or are they the same straight through pipes supplied with DB Kills installed?

J.P. - Yes I’d certainly appreciate some recommendations for places to have the fueling setup properly. Can the standard ECU be remapped or will it need a piggy-back power commander type thing? Also, does a decat\remap up the power much from standard?

I think the most immediate changes I’ll be making are finding an open clutch cover as I miss that “pair of skeletons ****ing in a metal dustbin” sound. I’ll also be swapping the orange indicator lenses for clear ones doing something about the mirrors… I think I actually preferred the Micky Mouse ears on my old bike.

Oh, one last thing I noticed and thought was a bit strange, the headlight on and off switch is blanked off so the headlight is permanently on, is this normal? Not that I am complaining but I'm sure I could switch the headlight off on my s4.